Other than books, I’m a huge movie buff. Unfortunately, I don’t get to go out as much with five kids running around, so this may be more of a wish list for me. There are a lot of great movies coming out, and even if I don’t get to watch them in theater, some of theses are releasing early enough that I will be able to catch them on Blu-ray before the end of the year.
In no particular order:
- Pitch Perfect 3. Yes, this was released December 2017, but it was late December so I chose to add it to this list. I love all the leading ladies in this series and I’m sad to hear that this may actually be the last one.
- Avengers: Infinity War. I finally saw Doctor Strange (which turned out to be better than I thought it’d be) and have watched Captain America: Civil War for like the hundredth time (I love Chris Evans, I mean, Captain America) and also the latest Guardian of the Galaxy installment (I love Chris Pratt and Zoe Saldana) which is my least favorite, so far, of the Marvel comics/movies. But I can’t wait to see all these characters come together for the latest Avengers movie!
- Insidious: The Last Key. What are we in… the third or fourth movie in this world? I absolutely love the Insidious movies! I watch every one of them knowing I’m going to need to sleep with a light on that night. Every time I think that it’s going to be too cheesy (because most sequels usually are), they add more scares. I can’t wait to watch this one!
- Black Panter. I fell in love with this character in the last Captain America movie and I can’t wait to see his story. I am excited to find out everything about this character and see how it develops even after this.
- Annihilation. I always say I don’t like Sci-Fi, but I watch a lot of it and some of my favorite movies are sci-fi (i.e. Interstellar, The X-Files TV show/movie, The Terminator 2 to name a few). This one is led by all women again (Gina Rodriguez is in it, too!) so I’m really looking forward to this. And from what I understand, this one is based on a book by the same name, so I may just pick up this book before watching it. Maybe.
- Mary Poppins Returns. I’ve watched the Julie Andrews movies as Mary Poppins and though they were cute, not really my favorite. But this time it’s Emily Blunt and I love her. She is literally the only reason I want to watch this movie.
- A Quiet Place. This one should probably be number one on this list. I know I said there is no particular order, well, I lied, okay? This is definitely the main one I’m looking forward to the most this year. It has all I love in movies: the scare factor (mystery, suspense, and horror), John Krasinski, Emily Blunt, it looks like they live in the middle of nowhere, and they use sign-language to communicate! If all else fails, at least they can say that it is different than your normal horror flick.
- The Strangers: Prey At Night. I watched the first one and I really loved it. Hack- and-slash horror movies are the least of my favorites in the genre, but sometimes they can be okay (Mike Myers, anyone?). And this one took it up a notch with the suspense factor. I hope this one is just as good.
- The Incredibles 2. It goes without saying that I love Disney movies. The Incredibles is on the list of one my all-time favorite movies on pretty much every list, including but not limited to: favorite Disney movie, favorite comedy movie, favorite cartoon movie, favorite childhood movie, etc. And an added bonus, my kids love this movie, too! Luckily, they will be the perfect excuse to see it opening day. Instead of people questioning why a single 29-year-old woman is in the same theater as minors.
- Sicario 2: Soldado. I wasn’t going to add this one because Emily Blunt isn’t going to be in this one (seriously, I’m obsessed with her). But after re-watching the trailer, I gave in. The first one was soooo good and I can’t wait to see how much further they will go with the story line.
And, of course, there are a whole lot more that I didn’t mention that I’m sure I’ll watch. But these are the ones that I am going to watch regardless of reviews or backlash or anything. What movies are you guys looking forward to this year?