I am not sure how old this book tag is or where it originated, but I saw this over at a book blog I recently came across, lifewithmyheadinbooks.wordpress.com, and it looked like my kind of tag, so I decided to post it on my blog, too!
1. What book have you been unable to finish?
After reading the first two books, I just couldn’t get through Crash Into You by Katie McGarry. I really don’t understand why, I enjoyed the first two, and even read them pretty quickly. But this third one… I don’t know. I must have gotten burnt out on Young Adult at that point or something because the simple things about the book irked me, like the dialogue or the plot.. I don’t mean to bash the book, in fact, I hope I can get back into it sometime soon and finish it, I just don’t have a time frame yet.
2. What book do you have yet to read but just haven’t had the time?
There are seriously way too many to name. My TBR pile is endless ::
3. What book do you have yet to read because it is a sequel?
P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. No particular reason why I haven’t read it other than I have other books I would prefer to get to first.
4. What book do you have yet to read because it is brand new?
It isn’t necessarily brand spanking new, but I’ve had Michelle Hodkin’s The Becoming of Noah Shaw since it was released and still haven’t cracked it open. I will soon, though. For sure.
5. What book do you have yet to read because you read a book by the same author and didn’t enjoy it?
The sequel to City Love by Susane Colasanti. I pretty much forced myself to get through this book because I was hoping it would get better. It had to get better. Sadly, it didn’t.
6. What book do you have yet to read because you are just not in the mood for it?
The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer.
7. What book do you have yet to read because it is so big?
Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King. It is on my TBR for early this year, though. Again, for sure.
8. What book do you have yet to read because you bought it because of the cover and it ended up not having very good reviews?
I honestly don’t even know at the moment, but I am positive I have quite a few of those.
9. What is the most intimidating book on your TBR?
Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi and Curt Gentry. And not because of the murder itself, but because whenever I read any true crime stories (for lack of a better term), even if it’s current events, it gets me in a dark place. And I don’t mean it brings another side of me or anything like that, but my mood shifts because of the fact that these horrific events ACTUALLY happened and it puts me in a place, mentally and emotionally, that is hard to get out of. I don’t know if how I worded it made sense, but really, it’s hard to crawl out of that whole once I’m in there.
Welp, that’s about it! This just reminded me that I have so many books to read, and it’s already the fourth on January yet, I haven’t read a single page of a book!
How many books have you read so far?