Top Ten Authors I Want To Meet or Have Met
The first five are authors I am dying to meet (in no particular order):
1. Stephen King: because obviously, amiright? King of Horror. Wrote one of my favorite horror books in The Shining and I have been obsessed with this man for yeeeeeaaaaarrrsssss. Not only is horror, but it’s more psychological and it is because of his stories that psychological thriller is my favorite genre.
2. Dean Koontz: I was 11 years old when I read Tick Tock. It was my favorite book for so long and I kept my copy nice and clean up until three years ago when my kids tore it up (grrrr) and then spilled juice on it (grrrrr x10). I finally came across another copy with a different copy and you should have seen me dancing in the aisle when I found it! 🙂 I actually yelped! Hahaha seriously. I will be honest and say I haven’t read anything else by him but I have been collecting his books ever since. Once I have all of his work, I will read them.
3. Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher (because we all know they’re a package deal): Besides a couple of novellas, I have read all of Colleen Hoover’s books. I didn’t know who she was up until maybe four years ago and quickly loved her writing. When she came out with the Never, Never series, Tarryn Fisher won me over and have been obsessively reading her work, too.
4.Stephanie Perkins: because Lola is one of my all-time favorite characters.
5. Michelle Hodkin: because her Mara Dyer series is one of my favorite series even though I have yet to read the final book. I remember pre-ordering The Retribution of Mara Dyer and anticipating it only for me to not read it three years later because I do not want the series to end. I do have plans to start the series over and finally finish it but I am dreading it.
The following authors I have met and loved an am looking forward to meet again (in no particular order):
6. Gretchen McNeil: she was the sweetest and I am hoping to get more of her books to sign. Possess is one of my favorite YA Horror books. I love that she is just as obsessed with that genre as I am, and she has an appreciation for it like I do.
7. Kiersten White: She was so quirky and so funny, it’s easy to see why people love her books so much. Definitely one of my favorites in the YA contemporary genre.
8. Tahereh Mafi: because her Shatter Me series is one of my favorites. She is so kind and beautiful and when I meet her again I will not be shy and awkward.
9. Lauren Oliver: because as a fan I owe her a do over. I was so shy and embarrassed that one of the books I had her sign I hadn’t read and she asked me about it and I looked dumb. I was just starstruck because Pandemonium is one of my all-time favorite books and I wanted to talk to her about that one but she was promoting Vanishing Girls and I was just lost.
10. Robin Reul: because her book is the very first ARC I’ve ever won since joining the booktube community and it holds a special place in my heart. I met her and she was so funny and gorgeous and sweet and I felt bad I only had the ARC and not a finished copy.
The following authors are ones I wish I had met:
11. Emily Dickinson: my favorite poet of all-time.
12. Afeni Shakur: because 2pac.
13. Maya Angelou: main reason because she’s a phenomenal woman.
14. William Peter Blatty: because the movie based on his novel ruined my childhood… and I LOVE IT.
15.Edgar Allen Poe: because after reading his poetry in middle school, it put me in a dark place and I wrote pretty cryptic poetry (words of my 7th grade English teacher. Never forgot) and my childhood wasn’t even all that bad during this particular time. 7th grade is actually one of my favorite years of school career.