In honor of Valentine’s Day, I wanted to make a list of my favorite romantic movies. This started off as a great idea in my head. I always joke about how I don’t watch romance movies and how they’re too cheesy and predictable, and while all of that is true, I really didn’t know how true until I started racking my brain to remember great romantic movies that I’ve watched in my 28 years.
My top 2 are the obvious (though none of the listed movies are in any particular order):
- The Notebook (2004)
2. Titanic (1997)
And then at this point, I couldn’t for the life of me think of any other ones so I started googling, and found the following
3. Ghost (1990) How could I forget this one? One of my all-time favorite songs is on the soundtrack!
4. Romeo & Juliet (1996) This may be considered more of a tragic love story, but in my defense, google pulled this up.
5. Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
6. Juno (2007)
After this is when I had to resort to romantic comedies:
7. 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)
8. Clueless (1995)
9. 50 First Dates (2004)
10. How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days (2003)
There was a long list of romantic/com-roms on Google but I chose the ones that I’ve watched over and over and over again and will, for as long as I live, watch them over and over and over again.
What are your favorites? Any ones I may have missed? Let me know!
Hope you all have a very happy Valentine’s Day (or Taco Tuesday for you fellow foodies out there) with your favorite people! 🙂